Universiti Tunku Abdul Rahman (UTAR)

Universiti Tunku Abdul Rahman (UTAR) Culture reviews

Malaysia26 reviews

Clear

A good place for research growth

It is a good place to participate in research activities. Conducive office environment and friendly colleagues are another plusses of this organisation.

Universiti Tak Ada Rehat

Office politics at its best so be careful of which department you're going for if you were to apply for a job in this university. I keep having to do work that were not even in my job descriptions. Always having to work on weekends more than others in the department simply because the upper levels are always unfair, thinking that us small potatoes have no life. Bonus keeps getting less and less every year even though the workload is now 5x more than when you first started the job. Working in this university is torturous!

Pros

Healthcare

Cons

No room for improvements, bad management, arrogant HODs/directors, office politics

Poductive

- I can learn something new also can improve my self - Very good culture because surrounding with different race - “Communication is key for me in stressful situations, even if over-communicating is necessary to ensure everyone is on the same page. For example, I was working on a project with another team and we found there was duplicate work being done. By scheduling a weekly stand up and keeping open lines of honest communication with our teams and managers, we pushed the project forward and ended up contributing to a significant company goal in a big way.”

Flexibility

The maximum teaching hours is 24 per week. The management gives a lot of opportunities and flexibility to the staff to conduct activities and events relevant to the education. The staff is allowed to work from home during the trimester break as long as the paper work is completed. The freedom is supposed to make staff to be more discipline. However, there are staff who takes things for granted. In my opinion, there is not hardest part of the job as challenges come with students' different learning attitudes. I am an educator who should take the challenges and be initiative to conduct different teaching methodologies so that students are engaged to the teaching content and be fun in learning. With the positive emotional cultured in most of the students, teaching and learning can be conducted in positive ways. Due to the competitive in educational industry, I could not deny that the failure rate is the main concern for management as students are hoped to complete their studies in the working institute. The most enjoyable part is the respect from staff and students.

Pros

Flexible working hours and the trust from management

Cons

Facilities that could not provide a conducive teaching and learning environment

Enriching

This is my first full academic job. I learnt academic teaching and class management skills. The workplace culture is professional and dynamic with high targets to achieve.

Pros

Professional

Cons

Low Pay

A good and close teamate.

Having a supportive and friendly team. Working in a good cultures and learn a lot. Mix with all multi-racial people. We enjoyed everyday with a cooperative team. Yearly increment

Pros

Got OT and Claimable

Lots of Benefit

UTAR is one of the establish university in Malaysia. Early in the morning the first thing we need to do is clock in on time, if we are always late we will be call by HR. There are lots of Division and Department in UTAR. We will have our own superior who will evaluate our performance every year. And we will get Bonus once a year. The enjoyable part of the works are most of the staff are friendly and easier to work with but the hardest part of the job will be working with the staff who refuse to cooperate.

Pros

Healthcare & Bonus

Cons

Repetitive works

a good management to work with

the work place is great where the university is provided by facilities that we need such musollah, cafe, library and etc. All the staffs give a good helps if we needed.

Cons

shortbreak

Good Environment

I very fun to working at UTAR because all the staff here very friendly and the environment very good. The management at UTAR also good and always think about their staff.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Universiti Tunku Abdul Rahman (UTAR). Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.5 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits