Universiti Tunku Abdul Rahman (UTAR)

Universiti Tunku Abdul Rahman (UTAR) Employee Reviews

Malaysia26 reviews

Unhealthy student-staff ratio

They have a lot of students but not a lot of academic staff. They are heading toward the direction of research uni but basically, you would be no time for research. If you like teaching only, UTAR maybe your good choice.

Quiet, Peaceful and Restricted

The work was simple and easy and I learned many things from using various equipment and apparatus as well as exposed to new chemicals, solutions and experiments. The management was bad, considering the funding for the labs seems to come from there, hence the labs were always not fully maintained, apparatus and equipment were all old and over 10 years with no new replacements and chemicals and materials needed for experiments were always kept restraint with very small limited usage. Budget constraints and improper funding placed many students in to a very lousy laboratory experience. Most enjoyable part of the job is the students and friends that help out one another and amazing teamwork to perform and complete tasks given to all of us.

Pros

Quiet and peaceful

Cons

limited lab usage, restraint workplace

a good management to work with

the work place is great where the university is provided by facilities that we need such musollah, cafe, library and etc. All the staffs give a good helps if we needed.

Cons

shortbreak

Good Environment

I very fun to working at UTAR because all the staff here very friendly and the environment very good. The management at UTAR also good and always think about their staff.

Good place to begin a career

UTAR is a good place to start up a career for beginners. I am able to learn on how to work under pressure and managing time to meet deadlines given. Learn to work in team to get things done effectively.

Pros

Free Food

Cons

Healthcare

Program researcher

Working on my own project, collecting samples from students and sequencing DNA matching with the target virus. Learn how to work with team and also finish my own task. University system is not build up and not quite organized so it's a bit difficult to process the experiment sometimes. After the whole project, present the demostration in front of the lecturers and writing thesis is the hardest part of the job. Working with others is the most enjoyable part of the job. I've learnt a lot from them.

Pros

nice accommodation provided.

Cons

Long hours, sometimes over night in the lab waiting for result

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Universiti Tunku Abdul Rahman (UTAR). Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.5 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits

Learn about Universiti Tunku Abdul Rahman (UTAR) in popular locations

• Universiti Tunku Abdul Rahman (UTAR)