Watson's Personal Care Stores Sdn Bhd

Watson's Personal Care Stores Sdn Bhd Employee Reviews

Malaysia130 reviews

Good team can lead the stores to achieve their goals

friendly colleaguespressure on selling pwp and member cardscompeting with other stores to win vacation packagelove the company's annual dinnerthe salary is good

i feel bored and the environment isnt good cause the workers are not vibing. plus the manager are boring not sporting

i dont like retail especially watson where every thursday we need to put pricetag and frequently change pricetag is really annoying plus their system is useless like its annoying to update the freaking pricetag most of the time…. i was paid to update pricetag and also update the stock?? is completely boring

Excitement and fun to work with people

eveyrrhing was good because everyone was nice to me and since im a new employee, they been guiding me and teaching me all of those basic stuff. But the pay is wayyyy tak even worth it so yeah

Pros

Staff discount

Cons

Healthcare

Good

My colleagues are friendly. If I need help, they will always spend their time and be patient in assisting me. The salary for a part-timer is hourly, and it meets my expectation.

Good Workplace

Internship, the staff helpful. Before you ask anything you need to make some research. Then you ask. Overall okay enjoyable work and it's easy to make a friends. you have to adapt will people around you when just have started your job.

Strenuous work for minimum wage

Worked full time during MCO times, the job demanded some strenuous work (carrying heavy stock, etc with no sitting allowed) but not very worth it considering the pay back then. This may be a personal experience due to my branch location but the pay was not worth the workload and working hours. Also, I paid RM50 for a uniform that I never received.

Stressful

A bit stressful because of their management according to Covid-19 and my manager needa to quarantine. Therefore i need to adapt with their system as soon as possible. But thankfully their staff and other manager from another outlet was really helpful during my working shift.

Fast pace company

Good thing is flexi hours where you can come in anytime before 10am. It is a fast pace company and it can be quite stressful to manage in terms of processes, people and management.

Pros

Flexi hour

Cons

Management and company culture

Stressful and not suitable to make a career

The working hour as a Health Advisor(HA) is your typical retail working hour like other staff except for the pharmacists where the inequalities happen where they are given twice in a week holiday and a lot more salary than HA. The management depends on each store as different supervisor or manager have different style of managing the premises. Some are very arrogant and can be a jerk while some are nice and can be respectful towards others. Basically it depends on your luck in working in the store with what type of management in the premise. Some of the hardest part of job is to manage the health division in store such as to accept and stock up the item where in Watson the stock always come daily, so the health item always come in abundance. The higher ups sometimes can be to demanding in requiring you to sell a certain items or brands. HA is treated unfairly compared to pharmacist such as lower salary pay and only one rest day in a week compared to pharmacists even though the job description is quite similar besides one major difference where the pharmacist can prescribed a variety of medicines.

Funworkplace

Not really cooperative manager to help other staff. Sometimes the store itself is not really have good layout to store the goods itself. But if u got a good coworker they probably can help get through to tyrant management

Suitable for first job

The work was more individual oriented and didn't really require much teamwork. It's a perfect working place for those with no working experience as a starting job.

fun workplace

enjoyable work and it's easy to make a friends. when having a though day, people around me will comfort me. you have to adapt will people around you when just have started your job.

Fun workplace but lack of work/life balance

-Working for 6 days per week-Good benefits/remuneration package-Fast paced with high volume of stock-need to actively engaging with customer and maintain good kpi

Bad working experience

I would definitely not recommend people to work in Watsons because the management were totally bad. I didn’t had a great working experience. I didn’t receive my paycheck during my first month of working there. I did contact the hr and the response were disappointing. In addition, the management are failed to understand and lack of proposing an individual task based on their job scope.

Productive & Funplace to work

For the candidates that interested to work in retail workplace is highly recommended. That not shy working facing in Public ,able to work in Team & in Shifts

Very bad manager

Too much work and the salary paid is not enough with the amount of work that you done..and you will not get paid for OT...you will never get to go home on time..

Fast pace, collaborative and friendly environment

The work is a bit stressful as we need to catch daily target of sale but regardless of that the friendly environment and collaborative peers help you out during any hard situation especially when you were new to the works.

Stressful and challenging work environment

definitely not a workplace for everybody. due to a lot of kpi that you need to achieve but being understaffed, even junior staff are expected to work long hours. the team was fun though, but the workload is really a lot

Company with the worst environment

Gossiping culture is very serious here. Most of the women here spent most of their times gossiping about others rather than working. Those who worked here for a longer period of time tend to bully freshies, juniors and even to interns as well. Most of the juniors here are handling heavy workloads.To summarise above, the working culture is extremely toxic & negative here. Most of the people here doesn’t care about your well-being at all and you will get boycott once they feel that you’re slightly “different” then them.

Pros

Bonus, free gifts, events

Cons

Long working hours, heavy workloads, unfriendly colleagues, serious gossiping culture

Fun workplace

Sometime need a lot of heavy lifting. Deal with variety of people. Must know how to handle with various personality of people. Require multitasking.

Good Start

I really recommend fresh graduate to start their career here... Fixed working hour, great benefits, average compensation... You'll learn a lot such communication skills upselling skill etc...

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Watson's Personal Care Stores Sdn Bhd. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.5 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits