WaveMaker

WaveMaker Employee Reviews

its fast paced to be honest a lot of pressure at times, but amazing colleagues and manager, very helpful and you learn something everyday, free courses are offered that can help you advance in your career.
Like any big agency experiences differ depending which account you work on, however I personally enjoyed my time at WaveMaker.

The culture is great, the location is one of the best with a view of the thames and a nice restaurant upstairs. Lots of very clever people, Account Leads have experience working on the channels they are involved in which makes a huge difference when managing expectations

Senior management are not as faceless and unapproachable as other agencies. 'Hutch' came into his own during the pandemic and is very approachable.
Pros
Knowledgable team leads, definitely somewhere someone could develop
Cons
Like all big agencies hours can be long although they do try to treat you fairly, teams are very lean
Great company established in digital marketing with good management and tried and tested processes. Fast paced like most agencies, managers and accounts can always be dependent on personal preferences, overall though a good experience
It's a good and educational company to work for. It was fun to learn from those around me as well as the management that was willing to assist and encourage me
The management and coworker cohort was the best that I've ever worked with. A really great learning environment. As it's a smaller workplace it's harder to move up once you're in but the learnings you take away are relevant to lots of other agencies.
Great Place to work. From leading AdTech and MarTech systems, to platform expertise, Voice, AI, AR and emerging technologies.Backed by GroupM, Wavemakers scale means getting the best commercial terms – one in every three pounds spent on media globally is spent with GroupM – and Wavemaker is the biggest global spender with Facebook, Google and Amazon.
Wavemaker was my first media related internship I land hence it holds a special place in my heart. There I knew what the work environment is and I made many unforgetable memories..
Pros
Stress free, casual.
There is always an event going on and ways to participate/get involved (such as games, entertainment, going out with friends at lunch or after work)..
Trabajar en Wavemaker es un reto diario que se afronta en compañía de un gran equipo
Pros
ambiente, prestaciones
Cons
no hay comedor
No two days are ever the same for a digital media professional. New challenges everyday dealing with tools and technology related to our productivity.

Learn about new innovations in the digital media space everyday, through education offered by the company as well as vendors.

Clients can be difficult, which is the nature of the job itself. Senior leadership makes themselves available for support if needed.

Staff turnover can be high at times due to the high pressure environment, and other agencies offering more competitive compensation.
The work was tough, but there was a lot of perks (food, fun, etc.) Projects often had quick turnaround with little to no notice, but long term projects were very collaborative and there was a thoughtful timeline to make sure things got done correctly. People in lower positions tended to stay for about 1-2 years before leaving.
No work life balance since its an advertising industry were most of tasks or job requirement have deadlines

Always changing decisions from the top management
Wavemaker is an okay place to work. The new office at 3 World Trade Center is beautiful, and some of the people who work here are great. My biggest concern is that they are not competitive in salary for their employees compared to other companies for the same job. It is very frustrating and I am currently dealing with that.
I have loved my time at wavemaker Sydney, very excited to continue through life with the skills provided to me by the superb management and excellent skills available to anyone.
The workplace culture is an open seating environment. Teamwork and a working together culture is what the company is all about. I have learned great communication, organizational and time management skills. This job has given me great experience in my professional career.
Slowly motivation has decreased, low resource for job which means long hours and little recognition.
People are still great in teams but senior management cause disruption.
Leider stimmt hier die Balance zwischen Arbeitsbelastung und Vergütung überaupt nicht. Auch besteht wenig bis gar kein Interesse am Wohlbefinden der Mitarbeiter. Wertschätzung am Arbeitsplatz lässt ebenfalls zu wünschen übrig.
Pros
Zuschuss Mittagessen
Great environment, lovely atmosphere, achievable, busy but rewarding. Can move about to different departments (job rotation) which is essential in an innovative field
Pros
All expenses paid for, fair holidays
Cons
Need degree
I always had great experiences working for agencies in London managing PPC campaigns. However my experience with Wavemaker Global was the worst I had since I started to work as a PPC Consultant in 2015.

Poor organization in the management. I had to wait almost 2 weeks before getting a laptop.

Also there is not any culture of sharing knowledge within the team. Seems like everyone is working on different project.

When it comes to campaigns management, they are old school. I felt like I was 5 years ago. The management there really need to think out of the box and keep up to date with the latest innovation in Paid Search Marleting.

After 3 weeks I simply ran away...

My advice if you want to learn and make a career as a PPC Consultant, avoid Wavemaker or make sure to ask the right question at the itw
Pros
Free coffee
Cons
Poor management and basic PPC knowledge
I had no experience when I started here and they trained me and gave me all the tools to learn and to be a great buyer. The people I worked with were so supportive and I learned so much from them.
Pros
Casual
Cons
Far from home
I enjoy working at Wavemaker for its vibrant and diverse work environment.
I have a team of colleagues who truly believe in what they do and are great at supporting each others
Ask a question about working or interviewing at WaveMaker. Our community is ready to answer.