World Health Organization

World Health Organization Employee Reviews

Malaysia12 reviews
One of the most professional working environment, as well the organization. A health conscious employer, and priority given to health matters of each staff members,
Pros
Very clean work stations
Cons
overloaded paper work
Too Much Red Tape. Instructions are Top to Bottom. No voice for junior executives. Feels like typically working in Government Sector. No career advancement and outdated interview process.
Pros
30day Annual Leave
Cons
No Career Advancement or Growth
Fun workplace with stress-free environment. Workplace with capacity for job rotation to enable improvement.

Fair interview selection process which include written test.
a lot of back stabbing and no incentive to work hard..immediate bosses are only bothered about themselves. a lot of stress and heartache working here. the turnover of staff are very high.
Pros
good benefits
Cons
lousy leadership / management
- Good and helpful seniors

- Working with new systems

- Learning new things

- Work life balance

- No higher lever domination
Pros
Events for all races
Cons
The contract base work.
It is definitely a fun place to work with excellent colleagues, understanding and encouraging supervisors. I have gained in depth procurement knowledge by working at WHO. The hardest part is the workload, high volume of transactions. However i like it that way because i prefer fast paced work place. I got to liaise and get connected to a lot people around the world and learn different cultures.
Benefits
Cons
wonderful company with wonderful people. Challenging tasks, healthy work environment.
Managers are very helpful, very open, very friendly. I purchased hospital equipment, and hospital consumables. It was a good experience and allowed me to meet suppliers from across the globe, and clients from across the globe as well. Overall, it was a wonderful experience.
Pros
All wonderful
Cons
Connection with colleagues all over the world at different duty stations via the communication system. Work was fast paced, based on internet connection and systems.
Pros
Good learning
Every day i look forward to walk into WHO office. I make sure my work is completed before i leave my desk in the evenings. So when i come in the office i will start assigning daily task for my subordinates and look into the emails and respond to them on timely manner.
Prioritize my work has become a no. 1 task as everything in this organization is urgent. i have learned a lot from this organization as sometime in United Nations office we have emergency situation arise throughout the world. Regardless of time we have to prepare the employee to move or relocate to the emergency situation by preparing the necessaries irregardless within the same country or overseas.

The co-workers are from diverse background. They are very friendly and a great team player.

The hardest part of the job is were at times we have to communicate with some staff which is not in the office and is on field duty for some hazardous duty station we are not able to reach them to convey the message as they might have limited resources of communication but nevertheless we have always find a solution to all of this.

The most enjoyable part of this job is the people around you who i work with and work for. Its a great team and i really enjoyed working here.
Pros
Great benefit
Everyday I process entitlements for WHO staff members globally. I have learned how to upload payroll input in the Oracle system, to able to process payroll as well as verify the result. The management we have are very helpful, we work together as a team. If any team members encounter work issue, others team member as well as the management will sit together and come out with an solution. The hardest part of the job will be verifying monthly payroll as we are processing payroll globally for 150 countries. We need to make sure all the payroll figures are accurate. The most enjoyable part of the job is the colleagues are very helpful and friendly also this is a work life balance company.
Pros
Work like balance
Cons
No bonus and increment as WHO is a Non Goverment Organization.
Being a part of the Centre's HR team, I had great opportunity to interact with the staff members of diverse background and nationalities. As the Centre is fairly new, I had to meet the demands of the teams in terms of staffing. I had to be adaptive and also proactive at all times. The best part of the job is to know that I am being part of WHO's mandate to attain highest possible health standard in the whole world. Excellent colleagues!
Pros
flexible working hours and oppurtunity to learn
Cons
hr rules and regulations that needs revision
flexible, convenient, and great place to work. Lots to learn and develop. Unfortunately, WHO has limited scope of personal growth in terms of career.